- This week on the show, we converse in the studio with Sam Webster and Jim Wilson on the subject of Immanence and Transcendence in spiritual practice.
Sam Webster, PhD, M.Div., Mage, has taught magick publicly since 1984. He graduated from Starr King School for the Ministry at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley in 1993 and earned his doctorate at the University of Bristol, UK, with a thesis on the History of Theurgy from Iamblichus to the Golden Dawn. He is an Adept of the Golden Dawn, and an initiate of Wiccan, Druidic, Buddhist, Hindu and Masonic traditions, publisher at Concrescent Press, and author of Tantric Thelema. In 2001 he founded the Open Source Order of the Golden Dawn, in 2013 founded the Pantheon Foundation, and serves the Pagan community principally as a priest of Hermes.
Jim Wilson studied Buddhism in Korea, Japan, and the US, principally under his teacher in the Chogye Zen tradition, Seung Sahn. Jim is a former Prison Chaplain, and one of the founders of Many Rivers Books & Tea in Sebastopol. Currently a practicing Quaker, Jim has published a critical edition of A Guide to True Peace, a manual for the practice of Quaker Silent Prayer and an Annotated Edition of A Guide to True Peace, which traces both sources to and changes in this foundational text. He has published many books of poetry, and his most recent title is On Trusting the Heart: A Commentary on the Xin Xin Ming.
- The Open Source Order of the Golden Dawn website: www.OSOGD.org
- Pantheon Foundation website: www.PantheonFoundation.org
- On Trusting the Heart - A Commentary on the Xin Xin Ming: On Trusting the Heart
- The Guide to True Peace - The 1815 Edition: Guide-True-Peace-1815-Edition
- Shaping Words Poetry Website: shapingwords.blogspot.com